#MeToo movement is exposing the real face of society. Women are coming up front and sharing their#MeToo moments for sexual harassment or sexual assault. Sexual harassment is not new to society, women are being harassed every moment all around the world. No matter where she goes, where she works or what she does, at some point of she is suffering from harassment. No matter how high standard or famous people around women they cannot stop such shameful actions against women.
#MeToo movement has reached to India as #MeTooIndia and revealing the real face of famous personalities along with the corporate world. Through Me Too campaign women are speaking up loud and clear about sexual harassment or assault they were the victim of.
#MeToo: Some Recent Allegation on Indian Celebs
- Tanushree Dutta – Nana Patekar: Recently Tanushree Dutta alleges Nana Patekar for inappropriate behavior incident by Nana Patekar on the film set. Other celebrities also came in support of her while all this is going on. She also filed a written complaint about her allegations.
- Kangana Ranaut – Vikas Bahl: Kangana also shared her bitter experience while working on the set of “Queen” movie in 2005 with director Vikas Bahl.
- Alok Nath – Vinita Nanda: An Indian director Vinita Nanda accused Alok Nath that he raped her
- Chetan Bhagat: One of the most famous writers in India Chetan Bhagat also accused of his conversation with a woman.
- Rajat Kapoor: One of the finest actors of Bollywood Rajat Kapoor is also accused by two women for sexual harassment. later on, he posted an apology on Twitter
All my life I have tried to be a decent man, to do the right thing.
If however, I have slipped and through my actions or words
caused pain or hurt or trauma to absolutely anybody, please accept my
— Rajat Kapoor (@mrrajatkapoor) October 7, 2018
- Kailash Khair: A female journalist accused Kailash Khair and said: This creep kept his hand on my thigh.
Some of the #MeToo Moments on Twitter
I cannot stop shaking.
My Friend will remain anonymous.@vairamuthu
Why people cannot share at the risk of their careers.
— Chinmayi Sripaada (@Chinmayi) October 8, 2018
#MeTooIndia – Lawyers came in support offering free legal aid for women
Dear women out there
I don't know if I can do much but I want to help.
If any woman in the jurisdiction of Bombay High Court has faced sexual harassment at the workplace and wants to sue please contact me. I will not charge my fees and appear for you in your case.
— Rutuja Shinde (@HavaldarShinde) October 5, 2018
My dear brave women, please get in touch with me for any kind of legal assistance pro bono in Delhi, and my friend @HavaldarShinde for the same in Mumbai. We are here. We are listening. We believe you and we want to help. @TheRestlessQuil @MaLawdy @AGirlOfHerWords @AnooBhu
— Veera (@veeramahuli) October 7, 2018
I am sure such loud and clear roar through this #MeTooIndia campaign will shake the society. Now any Man will think ten thousand times before act smart with women. Such a voice in the nation will bring new golden Indian community and will keep warning people who are attempting this shameful act. We hope that women will speak up more and the law will support them too.
Let’s keep an eye on #MeToo.