Success is not a legacy, hard work is!- And This is proved by Prithvi Shaw
We often say that destiny plays an important role in our lives. And yes, it true but with (*) conditions applied. Only if you put in the right amount of efforts can you nail success?
The same goes for the new cricket sensation – The newly called second-Sachin Tendulkar – Prithvi Shaw
Key Highlights Of The Cricket Hero
- Hit a massive 546 off 330 balls in the Harris Shield for the Rizvi Springfield School.
- The youngest to hit such a huge score.
- Help India life the U-19 WC for the fourth time.
- The one to hit a century in both Ranji and Duleep Trophy.
- And latest the 134 off 154 balls in Rajkot against West Indies.
From Virar To Rajkot – Journey Down The Lane
Have India found a new superstar in Prithvi Shaw?
— ESPNcricinfo (@ESPNcricinfo)
- At the age of 3, Prithvi Shaw went to his coach for training.
- Prithvi’s success is solely dedicated to his genius father. He left his job and would travel daily with the three-year-old from Virar to Mumbai stadium. A 70 km journey was not easy for both.
- At the age of 8, seeing his determination and grit, Prithvi played the
- When 9, he went for MCA U19 selection but since he was young he was disqualified.
- The youngest batsman in U-14 Mankad Tournament organized by the District Sports Organisation.
- In Mumbai U13 match he scored a half-century followed by 47.
- In 2006, he played for the first time on turf wicket but there too he outshines.
- Then he moved to Mumbai and his career took a steep rise.
- Selected in U19 World Cup, help India lift the trophy.
- Having Rahul Dravid as the coach made a massive difference in his life.
- And now the West Indies series.
The journey has just started and his life is yet to unbox rewards and records. More of cricket matches and many more scores, yet to add in his cricket life.
What a knock. Made batting there look easy!
— Mayank Agarwal (@mayankcricket)
The Second Master Blaster – Prithvi Shaw
As Prithvi Shaw hit a huge century against West Indies in Rajkot, his cricket coach took immense pride. The youngest batting sensation after Sachin Tendulkar, Prithvi Shaw is not here to step back. Though it took time for the selectors to have him on board, he has cleared all doing post his first century. Now, nobody would give a second thought to have him in the cricket team.
Well played young manfor a free and fearless performance on debut. A bit of Viru and the Master there
— Ravi Shastri (@RaviShastriOfc)
Many cricket legends hail his presence and oblige him with the tag of second Sachin Tendulkar, the Mumbaikar etched his name in history forever. Called for the India England final test squad but he could not hit the ground. However, the public patience was soon overwhelmed by his presence in the test match against West Indies. A massive stroke and he has captivated all minds.
The right-handed batsman has an excellent grip and stance as he hits the ball. The punchy attitude and the base to play late all adds up to his tag.
Lovely to see such an attacking knock in your first innings,! Continue batting fearlessly.
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt)
However, it’s too early to judge him. The real face-off would unveil after bowlers read him and then serve.
Will he be able to survive then, is a question?
Let’s see, where our next master blaster goes!!